This book focuses on taking a fresh, simple, and fun approach to one of the oldest healing forms of nourishment—bone broth.
Bone broth is a rich, flavorful broth made of bones and meat scraps . . . basically it’s your leftovers liquefied! Louise Hay and Heather Dane call it the meal that keeps on giving.
Bone Broths Made Easy is an easy-to-read resource, with full-color photos. Topics include getting started, the history of broth, inspiring reasons to spend time in the kitchen, and a love letter to omnivores (what to do when you care about animals and yet your body needs animal protein) . . . plus recipes for:· Basic Broths: meat stock (3–4 varieties); oxtail, lamb, chicken, vegetable (vegan), and fish broths; Basic Fumet (bone broth concentrate); Dehydrated Bone Broth; spice "finishers"—quick flavorings for plain broth (to drink out of a coffee cup on the way to work)
· Soups, 5-Minute Soups & Thermos Soups (soups you can throw in a thermos and they are cooked by lunchtime): Hearty Hamburger Soup; Quick & Easy Bok Choy Leek Soup; Egg Drop Greens Soup; Lulu's Asparagus Soup
· Main Dishes, Meats & Stews: Eye of Round Roast; Crockpot Chicken; Duck Confit
· Sauces, Dips & Dressings: Aioli; Lulu's Rémoulade; White Wine Mustard Sauce
· Vegetables: Caramelized Onions; Cardamom Carrots; Magic Zucchini; Thyroid-Friendly Veggie Mash
· Grains, Breads & Pancakes: Bone Broth Grain-Free Herb Bread; Maya's Finnish Sourdough Rye No-Knead Bread; Buckwheat Curry Delight
· Pâtés: Bone Broth Lamb Pâté; The Best Liver Pâté Ever; Meat Stock Pâté
· Aspics: Chicken Salad Aspic; Calf's Foot Jelly; Oeuf en Gelée
· Salads: Lobster Cocktail Salad; Chicken Burger Salad; Egg Salad
· Desserts: Moroccan Vanilla Spice Ice Cream; Chocolate Drop Cookies; Apple Tarte Tatin; Grain-Free Guinness Chocolate Cake
· Medicinal Elixirs & Healing Remedies: Joint and Indigestion Remedy; Dong Quai Hormone Balance Remedy; Recovery Remedy (Colds, Flu, Fatigue, Digestive Distress)
· Cocktails: Corrected Scotch; Negroni
· . . . and more!
Easy to digest, bone broth has many benefits:· Helps “heal and seal” your gut—this is fantastic for leaky gut or any chronic illness or autoimmune disease, which are often rooted in gut issues
· Helps boost collagen—this is great for supporting good skin health, including younger-looking skin and reduced cellulite
· Boosts the health of your nails and hair
· Supports bone health—reduces joint pain and inflammation
· Full of important minerals that are the sparkplugs of energy in your body
In addition to the healing benefits, bone broth is also quite delicious!
You can use it to flavor stews, grains, meat, sauces, and more. It is the secret to going from a good recipe to a gourmet recipe! You can also drink it on its own as a healing elixir to sip during the day. Join Louise and Heather as they share their favorite recipes—along with menus, shopping lists, beauty tips, and remedies—and show you how you can make bone broth so easy . . . it’s effortless